Thursday, January 19, 2012

Beretta has a new rifle out

I sure hope the Army and then the Marine Corps do the right thing when it comes to finally replacing the M16 family of weapons not that they are bad weapons as I really like mine but it is based on late 1950s and 1960s technology.  Just so everyone knows what mil-spec is that is the manufacturing guidelines set forth by the military way back in the 60s to build these weapons.  I think manufacturing techniques and materials have advanced somewhat since then.  I read recently that Colt just in the last 10 years has installed modern CNC machines!  For crying out loud join the 20th century. 

Anyway on to Beretta's new toy.  I know I make fun of Italian cars specifically the Alfa but they sure can make a weapon...

No comments:

Post a Comment