Saturday, May 19, 2012

Going Shooting

Tomorrow looks to be a really good day.  Here is what I have laid out.

We are looking at .223 and 9mm goodness.  Yes I use steel case ammo to practice with I know some rifle makers do not like it but Hornady is making steel case ammo, CCI has been making aluminum pistol ammo for a long time and when I can get it I buy it up.  I use the good stuff for hunting.  Currently for hunting I am using 69 grn hollow point but I bought a bunch of Bitter Root Valley 64 grain power point we will see how that works this fall. I can testify though that the 69 grain does the trick.  I bought a box of 20 still have 19 and that was a real nice 8 point Whitetail.

Here is my carry rig.  I have a Blackhawk chest holds AR 30 rnd mags plus two pouches for items the size of a pistol magazine, a Brownells AR mag holder, a Blackhawk double stack mag holder for my Taurus Pro 9mm, if you think the knife is over the top sue me.  It is a Cold Steel Recon Scout.  For the record I am not a range commando, I do not have 8 different things hanging off of rails of my rifle.  As a matter of fact my rail (1) is currently empty.  The one thing I do need to improve is my sling but I am waiting on Magpul's new rifle stock to come out.  I am torn between VTAC's padded two point and Blackhawks three point sling.

Anyway here I am kitted out.  These are casual pictures just having a bit of fun and yes the queen was laughing at me.  Kind of brings one down to earth.



No comments:

Post a Comment