Wednesday, May 16, 2012

New Knives

As I have stated before I like knives I like them a lot as a matter of fact I just got a new one a Boker Karambit. 


The karambit or kerambit is a small hand-held, curved blade from Southeast Asia, particularly the Malay Archipelago. Called karambit in the Philippines, it is known as a kerambit in both Indonesia and Malaysia

Silat teaches to use the knive with the first finger in the loop for slashing cuts.  The curve on this knife perfectly aligns it with the bones in the arm and would be a powerful stabber as well when used with a punching motion.  In saying this am I a master knife fighter or even anygood? No, but I can sing a tune. 

I just like knives. 

Anyway a customer knows that I like them as much as he does but he hates shiny blades so he brings me a couple of very nice Bowies with bone handles and tells me make the blades disappear. 



Yes that blade is as big as it looks.  I am using a spray matte black finish that I am also going to use on my Matte AR project.  Oh and yes I did tape off the handles so none of the finish got on the handles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment