Friday, February 10, 2012

782 Gear

I am big on having stuff especially a way to hold all of my magazines, knives, general back packing gear etc.  I have finally put together a decent set of 782 gear.  One is for concealed carry days and the other is for well I do not know what it is for but dang it is cool at least to me.

For everyday carry:  I have a Taurus PT111 9mm in a Tagua Taurus holster my spare magazine is carried in a Blackhawk CQC mag case.  I will be adding pepper spray to this as I would rather do that than have to shoot someone and so would the court. I always have a knife of some type.

My field gear is a Red Head hunters Hybrid Pack (not exactly like this as my front pouches are removable). A Desert Storm Era CamelBak, and a Blackhawk chest rig.  Also I have a single Brownells Mag pouch.  I can load out with 10 30 round magazines and 1 20.  Why the 20 you ask cause I like it and I have a box of 64 grain hollow point match bullets in it.  Actually it is down to 17 rounds because of two less deer on the planet.  I can then add knives to taste I keep a older Benchmade folder in my chest rig as well as a flashlight.  My three big carry knifes are a Cold Steel Recon Tanto, Recon Scout, or my old reliable Marine KaBar.  If I want to get silly and heavier I have a Cold Steel Machete Kukri as well.  My dad has thrown a tomahawk on his assault vest which is very cool and would be great on zombies. 

So while it might not be named branded and high speed low drag.  It suits my needs really well and did not cost me four arms and a leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment