Saturday, February 18, 2012

It has been decided

Now that I feel like a complete moron the rifle debate has been decided for now.  My Oly arms has a heavy match barrel yes I knew it was a heavy but not a match.  No wonder that sucker weighs so much on the front end. Anyway here is how I am going to lay out my rifle build.
Test to see the max grain bullets that I can shoot without the bullets hitting sideways.  I know it likes 64 grain hollowpoints that I have.  Heck it even shoots junk stuff I have pretty well.
I am going to put the barrel in a nice flattop upper, add a Magpul MOE hand guard. Why not free float, why no massive tactical rail forend? Well this sucker weighs a flat ton already and with the Magpul I can add stuff as I need it and still be light.  I am then going to put a sliding stock on it to try to get the weight down a bit.  There is nothing wrong with a DMR type rifle with a good slider DPMS makes just such a critter and once I get the tube on I can always switch it out.  Find me a good scope I am liking the new Nikon .223 scopes in my price range and get good reviews.  Then one of these days put in a new trigger.  I do not need a two stage target trigger as this is used for home defense but a nice single stage to get the weight down to around 4-5 lbs. 

There you have it.  Finally I have made up my danged mind.  Now just to sell a kidney for the cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment