Monday, November 26, 2012

Evolution of an AR

I recently bought a 16" barreled Sig M400E these are a very good base carbines built to what would be military specifications. I fought buying a carbine for a long time because of the muzzle velocity lost with the shorter barrel which I have carped on many times. However the 16" is a good medium ground to keep muzzle velocity high out to average engagement ranges (I am not in Afghanistan)and handiness. Not to mention with the 1/7 twist barrel I can shoot anything from 55-75 grain expanding bullets. Anyway the Sig M400 I purchased is the MOE version which has the CTR stock, carbine length fore end, and a based MIAD pistol grip.

 
While this is very nice it just would not do and I immediately ordered some small things that I thought would add to the utility of the weapon.
1. VTAC two point sling-This will be the only sling I ever use on another long arm. I have one on Oly and love them Viking Tactics (Kyle Lamb) knocked it out of the park with this piece kit
2. CAA front sight rail
3. Magpul short and long rail sections
4. Magpul MOE trigger guard
5. ProMag Picatinny sling mount
6. Vortex SPARC red dot  I love Vortex optics (yes I know where some are made) but I have had great luck with them and their customer service is fantastic,.
7. YHM Phantom 28-5C Flash-Hider/Compensator
8. Mission First Tactical stubby vertical grip
9. Light (I went cheap  here for the time being using a tail switch Maglite and a 1" scope ring works great.
10. PMAG coupler
11. BCM Gunfighter medium latch(does not poke me in the ribs like the large latch like I have on my Oly arms)
12 Future upgrade will be a better light system and someday I might free float the barrel. I am looking at MI's and YHM modular free float tubes.





No comments:

Post a Comment